Thursday 5 January 2017

A little visit from family and a lunch date...

On Monday my mum and Simon came up to York to see me and I was excited because I wanted to spend some nice time with them and have a normalish day. Whilst working on these foodie little challenge things I wanted to tie this into their visit. We went to Cafe Nero for Lunch and I decided to have one of my puddings there too. Stupid head was thinking ' I usually have a pudding on Tuesday and a pudding on Saturday so it's all messed up if I have one on Monday instead!. It seems such a petty silly thing (which it is), so I tried to rationalise it and thought if I don't change the days, it's just another stupid irrational rule I'd be listening to, which makes no sense at all, so decided to be flexible and go for it.

We went and I was nervous, even though I knew what I'd be having I still felt uncertain until the food was sat there in front of me. 'What if they don't have what I planned to have' 'What if they get my order wrong", these type of completely random thoughts went through my mind which as guessed didn't happen anyway...and it was all completely fine!!! This is the thing that I'm learning that it's pretty much ALWAYS the anxiety beforehand that puts you off doing different things, when in reality most of the time it's a lot easier actually doing it then you think, which gives you a sense of relief but also a sense of empowerment to know if you don't avoid things due to the 'fear' (when the fear is never really that bad in the end anyway) it allows you to be a little more free and encourages you to try new things more often...

Little snapshot of lunch...I NEED THIS MILLIONAIRES SHORTBREAD AGAIN...LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
















After lunch we looked around town for a bit and I took my mum and Simon into topshop to get some photos taken in the photobooth which was awkward and funny because we were waiting for ages for them to print out, staff had to come and try and fix the machine by moving the whole bloody thing, then we had to get in it again to take more pictures whilst the staff watched and waited to see if it was working again (proper cringy haha), but it didn't!

We went to the cinema afterwards to see a comedy 'Why Him', which was ace, would definitely recommend it. We went to the Reel Odeon cinema, which feels like you've gone back in time a few years but I love it as it's cute and old fashioned.

Probably sounds a bit silly but the day as a whole was good because I felt the most care-free I have in a while, felt less pre-occupied so could enjoy spending the time with my Mum and Simon by laughing at little things and just being normal. (felt sad when they went as I would like to feel like this everyday...but know it's normal for your mood to fluctuate. You can't stay on a high 24/27 as much as you can't stay on a low 24/7...mood goes up and down which is normal and makes you appreciate days like this even more...All in all it was a good visit!

Chelsea X

No comments:

Post a Comment